Cambridgeshire Smokefree Homes & Cars
Who is smoking with you?
When people smoke inside your home and car, everyone around is exposed to harmful secondhand smoke. This smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, and anyone that breathes it in is at risk of developing the same diseases as a smoker.
No matter how careful you are, 80% of secondhand smoke is invisible. Even though you can’t see it or smell it, it is still there for several hours.
You can protect your family from the dangers of secondhand smoke by making your home and car smokefree.
Did you know?
From 1 October 2015 it will be illegal to smoke in a car with anyone under the age of 18 present.
The benefits of a smokefree home and car include:
- Your children will be healthier breathing in smoke-free air
- Your children’s nose, lungs and eyes will no longer be irritated by secondhand smoke
- You will reduce the risk of cot death for babies
- Your pets will be healthier and live longer too
- Your home and car will be cleaner and fresher